Spring 2018TeachingACSC423 - Mobile and Ubiquitous Computing and Applications (Android)
ACSC359 - Software Methodology (Java, MS SQL, JDBC)
WSS503 - Ubiquitous Computing (Android)
FrederickOffice HoursO.H: Monday 15:00-16:50; Wednesday: 10:50-12:40; Friday: 11:50-13:40
Office: Room 214, Cyta Buiding (Nicosia Campus)
Dr. Andreas Konstantinidis, PhD
Andreas is currently a Lecturer of Computer Science and Engineering, the Director of the Mobile Devices Laboratory, the Director of the MSc in Web and Smart Systems at the Frederick University, Cyprus and a Research Fellow with the Department of Computer Science, University of Cyprus. Andreas holds a PhD in Computer Science and Engineering (September 2009) and an MSc (Distinction) in Computer and Information Networks (2005) from University of Essex, UK, a BSc (with Honors) in Electrical Engineering and Informatics (specialization in Computer Engineering) from Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary (2004) and an HND in Electrical Engineering from Higher Technical Institute, Cyprus (2000.) His research work is published in esteemed academic journals and presented in international conferences. He also participated/participating in several national and EU funded projects such as the H2020 “GrowMeUp” project, the 7th Framework Program’s “Miraculous Life” project and other projects from Just/2014 and the Research Promotion Foundation Cyprus.
My Research Interests include:
· Mobile Computing & Systems: Smartphone Systems, Mobile Social Networks, Privacy, Crowdsouring and Localization.
· Computer Networks: Wireless Sensor Networks, Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (Routing, Topology and Power Control)
· Computational Intelligence: Genetic Algorithms, Memetic Algorithms, Multi-Objective Evolutionary Algorithms, Evolutionary Strategies, Genetic Programming.
· Metaheuristic Search: Local Search, Variable Neighbourhood Search, Tabu Search, Simulated Annealing and Guided Local Search.
· Optimization and Constraint Handling: Combinatorial Optimization, Multi-Objective Optimization, Bi-level and Dynamic Optimization, Penalization, Repair heuristics.